Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sigh

Today has turned out to be rather "sluggish".  It started out fine.  Les' golf group has switched to their "Summer" tee times so we were up earlier than we have been.  I stopped at Kroger and got bananas on the way to Starbucks.  Had my breakfast, read the paper, etc.  Got the usual morning things done and made sure everything was cleaned up and the space under the sink was cleared out.  The Culligan man was expected between 11:00 and 2:00.

A little after 10:00 I got a call saying someone was sick, they were short staffed and no one could come today.  They are trying for tomorrow.  What could I say except "okay"?  By then I was already into doing some other small odds and ends around here.

The sprinkler system people called and said they will be a little later than expected on Friday.  So, another "okay".

I talked with the lady at the backsplash company.  We had a nice, calm, rational chat.  There was an initial attempt to tell me that running out of tile and not finishing the job happens and I reminded her that I had specifically asked her if she was ordering enough so they wouldn't run out.  Remember, they never came to do an exact measurement, just relied on the originally rough numbers.  Also reminded her that no one had come.  She totally acknowledged all that and said she should be calling us tomorrow to let us know when someone will be coming to finish the job either Friday or Monday.  Again, "okay".

But, you know, I have just about had enough for a while of adjusting schedules and making sure one of us is here all the time.  Sometimes, when an errand or something needs to be done, I like to just go and do it.  And I'm almost out of White-Out for the calendar!

I briefly thought about going to the "Y" and decided not to.  It's Spring break time here and the "Y" is full of loud children.  I honestly was not in the mood.  Instead I scrubbed some more thinset and grout off places in the kitchen where it was not supposed to be.  And then I just sat down with the book I'm reading.

Outside it was getting windy and raining off and on.  Les got home and said golf was good.  They didn't get rained on before they finished.

I went out between showers and took a picture of our new tree in the back yard;  the one that was planted last Fall with just one dry leaf on it.  We have had no idea what it is supposed to look like and I have no idea what kind it is. We just trusted the arborist.  😊  But it is pretty and starting to bloom.


I hope everyone is well and happy.  Stay safe and God Bless America!  Life is good!  (even when you are annoyed with people)

No comments: