Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Beautiful, But Disappointed That It Is Not Finished

The workers left about 2:30.  As with all of the work on this kitchen project, they "cleaned up" but there was more to do after they left.  I just finished scraping thinset and grout spots off the tile floor and the new granite.  We are very happy with how it looks, but they didn't finish.  They ran out of the tile.  And there lies the disappointment.  It will be next week before they get more and can come.  I will be calling Melissa the shop coordinator tomorrow.  I felt it best to not call today.

She had originally told us someone would be out to do an exact measurement.  Then we were told no one was available to come and they would just use the measurements from Vann, at Colonial Kitchens.  We said "okay", but I specifically asked her if enough extra would be ordered to make sure there was enough to finish the work.  She said definitely there would be and she was wrong. 

So, while I love the kitchen, I am not especially happy at the moment.  That will pass.

I am done cleaning for the day.  There is no sense in doing more when the Culligan man comes tomorrow and then the backsplash people again next week.  And then the Spring cleaning will begin and everything will get a good scrub.

I have the dishwasher running and there's a load of clothes to go into the dryer.  Les has gone to Panera to get us some soup for supper.  And that's about it for the day.

But here are some pictures!




If you look closely, you will see that there are some small spots here and there for us (me) to spackle and touch-up paint.  I have everything I need and will be working on that soon.

Life is good, stay safe, and God Bless America!

No comments: