Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Hey! Good Thing I Set the Alarm!

I had my alarm set for 6:00 this morning.  The workers were scheduled for 8:00 and I wanted time for us to have breakfast and get the kitchen cleaned up and things moved off the counters before the guys got here to install the backsplash.  They arrived by 7:30 just after I finished the dishes!  So, the work continues.

I had a "slow" day yesterday and did not tackle any big chores or projects.  Took care of lots of smaller things that I just hadn't gotten to yet.  Gathered up the empty, flattened boxes and took to the recycle drop-off place at the fire station.  (our dumpster is full)  Then I took another bag to DAV for drop-off.  Put away the Easter decorations.  Swapped out my Vera purses.  😊 I like to rotate those.  Put away our Winter coats and my turtle necks and long-sleeve tees.  You know, just little jobs that got put off.  And for a while I just sat and read.

Les had a good golf round.  The weather was very nice yesterday.  Today is cooler and very cloudy.

Our generator came on a couple times; first was about 10:30 last night.  Then we heard it again about 4:30 a.m.  Don't know what's been going on, but I saw some other comments on the neighborhood website, so at least we know it isn't just us and something we have to have fixed.

One thing I didn't mention for yesterday was a browse through Lowes.  With our old cabinets, we had a peg/hook on the end of one to hold a hand towel.  Les and I agree that we are not drilling holes into the new cabinets or the wall.  And I do not want a wet towel hanging off the drawer handle and be against the doors.  So, what to do?  I looked for possible options at Lowes.  I found a sort of curled hook hanger that I think might work.  It's the same color as the door and drawer handles. We are not having holes in the underside of the granite either, so I bought a bottle of "Gorilla Glue" that says it will hold anything.  We will see.  Right now it is glued and held in place with strapping tape on the underside of the countertop.  Said to clamp it or place something heavy on it; neither were options.  The tape can be removed this afternoon.  I'll keep you posted.  I figure the worst that can happen is it will fall off.  😊

So life is good.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

p.s.  here's a picture of the current work in progress

No comments: