Sunday, April 15, 2018

Another Item Off the List!

Les and I just finished hanging up the new kitchen window treatments.  The last thing to get done in the kitchen project is the delivery of the new table and chairs.  They are still being made and we have about another month to wait for those.


I like the new window treatments.  I have some issues with someone's measuring though.  (not mine)  I measured the old panels at 84".  They were a perfect length.  The new ones say 84", but they are at least 1 1/2" to 2" longer and are touching the floor.  I have decided that if I can't stand it, I'll just set up a chair right there and hem while they are hanging!

They make me remember Cinder.  She loved to "hide" behind the curtains.  She thought she was completely hidden.  We still miss the sweet little girl.



In other news, I found a new Lions Club broom while Jacquie, Jordan, and I were checking out the community yard sales yesterday.  There weren't as many people having sales this time.  We think because it was delayed a week because of the bad weather last weekend and people had other plans this weekend.  But who knows?  Perhaps others are learning what we've learned.... yard sales are a huge amount of work!

Spring cleaning will continue this week and progress is being made!  Also the yard chores are being kept up to date.  The azaleas are starting to bloom.  This is a year of very heavy pollen and it is still everywhere, so no open windows right now.

Life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: