Monday, February 12, 2018

The Rain Has Arrived

The rain started sometime during the night.  The temperature is dropping and after being in upper 70's yesterday, it is currently at 48 and going down.  This rapid, drastic weather change plus the fact that we did a lot of yard work yesterday totally explains why I am achy and have a headache.

But.... life goes on!  Our pest control guy came this morning for the quarterly visit to try to help us keep ants and spiders and mice out.  He didn't find anything to report today and just did his thing. 

We've watched some "Golic & Wingo", then Les moved to the computer and I watched some of the Olympics.  Go USA!

Just saw a reminder about tomorrow being Shrove Tuesday.  When I was a little girl in small town Ohio, this was a big deal.  I think it was the Kiwanis Club that had a pancake and sausage dinner every year in the school cafeteria.  In my memories it seems like everyone we knew went to this.  At the time, I didn't really understand, but I really liked the pancakes.  Mom and I attended an E.U.B. (Evangelical United Brethren) church, but there were also a large UCC church and an even larger Catholic church in town.  As I got older some of my Catholic friends explained the importance of Shrove Tuesday and how it is a celebration before the Lenten fasting.  Whatever your beliefs, I hope you get a good pancake.  Please remember to give thanks when you do.  Since we are taking Spock in for routine service tomorrow morning and then going to breakfast, I plan to have pancakes.

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: