Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Lot Has Happened Since Thursday

Sigh.  So.  Les started not feeling well and we figured he had gotten some hospital cooties from us being there in the ER so long.  So we got him an appointment for Friday morning with our GP.  My itchiness and redness continued to worsen and I needed to be seen, too, at my surgeon's office.  Around this same time, the electricians we were expecting for late Friday or on Saturday, called early Friday morning and said they were on the way.  We ended up having to get Jacquie to help us and come sit here while they worked and we were out.

I'll start with Les.  I think he is slowly getting better.  They couldn't really test him for the flu since there have been so many cases they've run out of the tests.  He has had off and on all over achiness, fever, etc.  and also a UTI causing issues.  He has several new meds and is doing okay so far.  It is not helping that the weather has been in the upper 70's and lovely and he hasn't been able to be out playing golf.

My surgeon was not in the office, so I saw his NP.  She took one look, sort of stifled a gasp, said "oh, my" and then checked it out.  Then got another doctor to come be back up.  So I also have a couple new meds and was told to be sure to put "allergic reaction to surgical scrub and adhesives" on my list.  I am also slowly getting better.  They said it could take ten days or longer; but so far, so good.  I see my doctor again on Wednesday.  We are both just taking it easy and not doing much.

The electricians did a great job, got everything done we wanted, and did some clean-up.  There was a bit more clean-up to be done and Les and I were working on that when I discovered a ticking noise.  It was coming from the refrigerator and the front control panel had no lights.  The owners' manual was no help at all.  It took at least a half hour to reach an actual person at GE.  There was one thing for us to try and it did not help.  The man had given me a number for service.  They don't service what they haven't sold.  The store where we bought our appliances is surely going out of business.  They no longer have a service department.  We have a service call for sometime tomorrow with someone we know nothing about.  The things from our freezer have moved over to Jacquie's freezer.  We are coping.  I will keep you posted.

So, in a nutshell, we are both not feeling well,  we are both tired, and we are wondering what is coming next.

Life is still good though.  Take care and stay safe.  God Bless America!

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Blessings~

Gee said...

Thank you for the prayers.