Friday, February 16, 2018

It's Friday!

It is surprising how Friday can still be a relief even when you are no longer going to work every day!  And based on conversations with friends, I am not alone in feeling this way.

So, it is 70 and cloudy here right now.  Supposed to get a couple degrees warmer and then start cooling down and only be 41 tomorrow and raining.  Blah!  The yard still has puddles from the last couple rains.

Les and the other guys are getting a round of golf in before the rain starts later.  I've had my Starbucks and done the "morning stuff".

Last evening we went to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  It was good and we have leftovers for lunch today!

The woman that was shot at Walmart died.  Evidently her domestic partner and she had an ongoing "spat".  That's how the spokesperson stated it. He also said he did not know if the two women were legally married or not, but they were using the same last name.  I think he was trying to be politically correct. The victim worked in the Optical shop in the store.  The shooter went in, started shouting, dragged her outside and started shooting.  The crime scene tapes were still up and evidence still being gathered last night.  Sad.  Shooter is in jail now charged with many crimes.

We have continued to watch the Olympics and I have to say again this is the worst coverage of the Olympics I have ever seen.  All the switching back and forth from one event to another and the split screens, etc. I think I have said that I am at a stage of life where it is "see something, say something".  I just wrote NBC a note. 😊 I also covered the fact that the Today Show has really gone downhill.  I will let you all know if I ever get a response.  Honestly, I am not expecting one.

Les and I were talking just yesterday about how I should get  job as a consultant for something I had made a complaint about.  We had just been to Dairy Queen to use a BOGO coupon.  They put the spoon in the cup and then put the lid on; not a lid with a hole for the spoon.  Of course, the lid wouldn't stay on because it wouldn't fit all the way down to the cup, so it sort of oozed out.  Les said I should get a job advising them.  You know, from my years working for 21 Kremeland long ago!  I would be good at that.  What it boils down to is businesses need a little more professionalism.  Treat the customers respectfully and do your job right no matter what that job is.  Also, learn correct grammar and learn to count change! 

BTW, on that subject.... congratulations to Starbucks for hiring the new Barista, Caleb!  He was professional and has a great personality.  I don't think it helps business any when you go in for your morning coffee and there are mopey, grumpy people behind the counter.  (just my opinion) 

Like I keep saying, life is good!!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: