Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Apologies to Mr. Lincoln

I meant to post this yesterday and somehow it did not get done.  Eh, stuff happens.  Sorry this is late Mr. Lincoln.  When I was in school, we always had art projects on President Lincoln's and President Washington's birthdays.  Of course, now their days are combined into Presidents' Day and I have no idea what is done to celebrate or teach about their history.  We made the black art paper silhouettes and we made flags.  We had to memorize their speeches and parts of the Constitution.  I still think that is a good idea and it should be mandatory.  In reality, I am sure someone would complain and say that it wasn't fair to be forced to memorize and celebrate history.  They would whine and complain and then they would sue someone.   I won't get into what I think of them.  Life is too short.

So, belated Happy Birthday, President Lincoln!


In other news, Spock went for his annual safety inspection.  Of course, a couple things needed to be done but he is back home now.  And when we took him in, they told us Kirk's part that had been on back-order had arrived last evening.  So when we picked up Spock we left Kirk.  He is also all fixed and back home.

Sticking to our normal routine of car service and breakfast, we ate at Byrd's again.  It isn't the same as Lunch Bell, but it is very good.  In honor of Shrove Tuesday, we had pancakes.  Mine were regular and fluffy and light.  Les got banana bread pancakes that looked very good and had nuts on top.

I worked in a couple errands and Les got to the "Y".

It is only in the 30's here today and has been raining off and on all day.  It's a shock to the system after upper 70's on Sunday.  My body does not adjust well and I am cold.  😊

So, life continues to be good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: