Sunday, February 11, 2018

Unseasonably Nice!


Our weather here is a glimpse of Spring!  Mid-70's and very pleasant.  It was supposed to be rainy this weekend, but so far, it has missed us.  It is very cloudy and there is a strong breeze.  Daffodils are coming up in some of the neighborhood yards; dandelions are coming up in other yards. 😊 We have neither, but we do have some buds starting on the hydrangeas.

And we have growing mole activity in the backyard!  We both went around stomping tunnels.  The plan is to get them all flattened and then see where the new activity is and then have the traps set.  I will keep you posted.  But let me just say it is hazardous out there.  And "something" was evidently trying to dig down into the tunnels from above ground to get the little tunnelers.  We don't know "who" that was.  But they dug up along a couple of the tunnels, so it looks like small trenches being dug.

After breakfast and reading the paper this morning, Les went out and started on yard work.  I finished up some things inside and then went out to help bag everything.  My job is to hold the bags open  😊  When we finished bagging, he started mowing to pick up even more "stuff" and I started to work on the back corner mulched area.  Les helped me finish that and got all the bags out to the curb for pick-up tomorrow. 

We are now both showered and cleaned up and in for the day.  I had filled the bird feeder before I came inside and Angus is now watching the birdies and squirrels out there.

Life is good.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: