Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Twenty-Two

Today started out as usual. Morning stuff, rounding up kitties, etc. Scott came by to see how things looked after yesterday. He had not seen the cabinet before the men installed it. He approved.


Then Kirk came at 9:00 and did some prep work and carried a lot of stuff in the house, and set up a wet-saw in the front yard. And.......... we have tile on the floor! I like it! Tomorrow he will come and do the grout. Thursday he will start on the shower walls with a different tile. He says we're still waiting for the arrival of the accent tile for the shower walls, but expects it to arrive in time. (so it doesn't hold up any other work in there)
So. Here's a discovery I have made. Tearing out walls and ceilings and tearing up floors makes dust. Installing drywall makes dust. Mixing cement for a new floor makes a lot of dust. Mixing mortar to lay tile makes dust. And I truly expect that mixing grout will make dust. Mike did not lie when he told us there was going to be some dust. And some of you know exactly how I feel about dusting and where it stands in order of preference on my "to-do" lists! In spite of what Bikini says about me liking to clean and have a neat house, I'm not fond of dusting! If I could figure out how to fasten dust cloths onto the cats and get them to go where I wanted them to, I'd try that!
So, for now, onward!

No comments: