Monday, July 28, 2008

Day Twenty-Eight



Today has been a flurry of activity around here. I left for the office right after Golfer left for work. I worked a couple hours and got things in order. While I was there, our friend, Steve, called and said he was going to have his painters here today to start on the exterior trim on the house. I said fine, I'd be home by 9:00. I left the office and did a couple errands on the way home and stopped at Starbucks. My "plan" was to come home, have breakfast, secure the kitties and be all ready before anyone got here. Ha-ha. As I was turning the corner, I saw Scott driving away from our house. He had not gotten the word that Kirk would be here a little later than usual due to picking up the glass bricks. So he made a U-turn and followed me in.



Since he had been gone the end of last week, he needed to catch up on everything and see what had been done. Right after that, as I was moving our cars out of the way for the painters, they arrived and got started. Then Kirk arrived and started unloading. In the midst of this I tried to eat my breakfast between phone calls and the doorbell.



The exterior work hit a snag when the man asked me what color I had wanted. I confirmed the same as it is now, no change. Then he opened the gallon can and showed me what the paint dealer had mixed for him - it was baby blue, not Veranda Gray! So he made a couple phone calls and then took some leftover paint we had in the garage with him to match color and went to get the right stuff. So on the outside, things have been getting checked, caulked, inspected, and painted. So far, so good on that.



The first picture is taken from the doorway, looking in.

Inside, Kirk was busy building our glass wall. I love it! It looks even better than I have been imagining it in my head! He had to order some more of the large wall tiles and they are in, so he will complete the walls in the shower tomorrow and maybe grout the glass bricks. Then the next day, he'll grout the shower walls. And then Scott said maybe the painting would start. BTW, Scott was here a couple times today checking on things and relaying information.
The second picture is taken from the open end of the shower facing the fixture wall.

I confirmed paint color. I gave them our selection for the cabinet hardware.


Onward we go! I think I see a light at the end!



No comments: