Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Whew! A Flurry of Activity Here!

We were up early and did the last minute preparations.  Corralled our furry boys in the bedroom with water, food, and a litter box, went and got some coffee and a donut and then came home.  Good thing we had an early start because the workers arrived half an hour early and have been working ever since!

The electrician was here to do something with the lighting under the cabinets by the stove.  The plumber has been here to do some work under the sink.  The main concerns were saving our Culligan system that will need to be re-installed and fixing whatever started to leak while he was in there. 

Les and I have tried to stay out of the way but still be available for answering questions.  I also slipped in and spackled and painted the wall under the cabinet  that is over the fridge.  The new cabinet is not as large (high??) as the old one was.  There was hardly any space between the bottom of the old cabinet and the top of the fridge.  Anyway, it would have been impossible to reach once the fridge is put back in place.  Fortunately I keep a "touch-up" bucket in the garage with everything I need for such projects and I had a small jar with enough kitchen paint in it handy. 

Here are some pictures of the progress:



me getting ready to spackle and paint


They are still expecting the granite people to do the template tomorrow.  This is going a whole lot faster that I expected.  However, the mess is what I expected  😊

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: