Sunday, March 18, 2018

Work Begins on Tuesday!

I had a little flurry of activity Friday, phone calls to make, things to schedule, errands to run.  We heard from our installer, Brian, that he and his "guys" will be here early Tuesday morning to begin work.  He hopes to have the old cabinets and countertops removed, the new cabinets installed, and the granite people here by Wednesday afternoon to do the countertop template.

There are just a few things left in the cabinets at this time and we will move those out this weekend.   Boxes are being lined up in the dining room.  Had to go poke through one already to find the broiler pan I needed to use.  The furry boys are a bit confused.  😊

Since the surgery, my activity level has been a bit low and I have gotten tired more easily.  So some errands had piled up on the list.  There is Easter coming, several birthdays, an anniversary, and a few other things to take care of.  So Friday morning I was out and about and handling all of it.  BTW, the Toys R Us here has not started their clearance sale yet.  I got the shopping done, stopped to talk to the backsplash people, dropped off two large boxes at DAV, and got to the Post Office.  Whew!

A side note....... I wanted to buy a set of lavender or purple towels without a stiff rough edging on the ends. That lack of stiff edging is a tough one; most towels have that.  I was finally told that purple and lavender are not "in" colors for bathrooms this year.  Foo!  I got another color.

Yesterday morning I got to the Commissary to get a few things, stopped for gas, and after getting the cold things inside and put away went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  That last chore was not planned.  Here is the story on that:

We needed a new bathroom scale, the old one was "iffy".  I didn't want one that was electric or battery powered, connects to the internet, connects to my Bluetooth or phone, and I don't need it to tell me half a dozen other things besides weight.  The only thing basic was a dial scale by Detecto, the company that makes a lot of professional scales for medical offices.  The dial was large, easy to read, it looked nice.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  Weighed four times, got four different readings ranging twenty-seven pounds apart.  This is not acceptable.  That was the reason for Saturday  morning's trip to B, B & B.  I exchanged it for a digital scale by Homedics.  Since all the other scales besides the dial one I returned are digital and can be programmed in various ways, I decided by looks and recognized name.  I got the one that looked good to me.  Besides all the other things it wants to tell us, it has a "weight only" operation.  Of course it also says not for people who have implants or metal in their bodies, but most of them said that.  I am taking my chances.  The manual says that may cause an inaccurate reading.  Huh.  Life can get complicated.

I hope everyone is well and happy.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: