Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Work Continues!

The guys finished installing all our cabinets late yesterday afternoon.  After they left Les and I did a bit of clean-up before we released the furry boys from their confinement.  We didn't want them eating any little bits of anything or hurting themselves.

The cabinets look great!  The guys moved the stove and fridge back in place and the microwave and vent were re-installed.  We will not have a sink or any water in the kitchen until the countertops are installed and the last of the work is done by the plumber and electrician.  Les moved my 2' x 4' work table out into the kitchen to use as sort of a counter. 

We went to Ruby Tuesday last evening for supper; had the salad bar.  I was tired and achy.  I always get stressed when people are working in our home, plus I was cold all day with the door being open a lot.  I'm feeling better today.

We have a slight hiccup in things today though.  The granite people were supposed to come make the template for the countertops.  The weather is not cooperating.  So far here at our house we have just had cold rain with some snow flakes mixed in.  The granite people are based in Ashland and up that way the snow has been coming down fast and accumulating, roads are getting bad.  Brian, our installer called and said Greg was going to try getting here and then about an hour later called and said he wasn't coming as conditions that way were getting worse.  So we are looking at Friday for that now.  Brian assured me that this will not delay the project.

I spent my time and energy today doing all the laundry and then working in the kitchen.  I got all the upper cabinets wiped out and got shelf liner put in.  Then I started moving some things back.  My goal is to have everything we use regularly and often within easy reach.  I am sure some of the placing will get tweaked as we use things.  We can't put anything back in the lower cabinets until after the other work is all finished.



Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: