Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March Snow!

Yesterday was miserable.  It was cold, dark, raining, and windy.  Then about 5:00 p.m. it starting snowing - great big, heavy, flakes.  We got at least two inches.  Fortunately, it didn't stick to the roads and sidewalks too much.  Today is sunny and in 30's and the snow is melting, but all the blooming flowers and trees are having some issues.  Hopefully, they will recover.

We both had doctors' appointments yesterday so we were out in the nastiness.  Both appointments went well.  Mine was with our dermatologist for my annual check.  She was impressed with my healing incisions and scars and the remnants of the severe itchy rash, but said it looked like things were healing well.  And she didn't find anything she needed to slice, scrape, or freeze this time!

We worked on emptying some things out of the kitchen cabinets on Sunday.  Les got everything from all the top shelves.  I used to just climb up the step stool and do it myself, but I think those days are over.  Mainly we cleaned out things that I knew we were going to part with.  Jacquie has already picked up her things.  Pam's are packed up and will be going to Myrtle Beach in May with us. No way am I shipping that big box!!  And after my appointment yesterday I went by DAV and dropped off two large boxes and a bag.  There are more things to clear out, but I'm pacing myself.  😊


Here is a picture of the granite we picked - Sienna Bordeaux.  This was outside in bright sunlight, so it is even prettier in person. 

As always, life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: