Sunday, July 30, 2017

Hey!

I hope everyone is well and happy!

Things are fine here.  Les is playing golf.  It is a beautiful sunny day.  We had a little rain over the last two days and this morning it was just a little cooler and less humid.  Things look greener and happier out in the yard.  I don't care how much a sprinkler system is run, nothing beats a good rain.

I did get the porch and other outside cleaning done.  Looks much brighter and pretty now.  Our window frames are white and get "schmutzy" during the Winter and then the heavy pollen season.  Normally, I get out there and do all that cleaning when we return from the Myrtle Beach trip Memorial Day week, but this year I was on restricted activity and recuperating from surgeries and "stuff".  But now all the webs have been wiped down, siding spot-scrubbed, all the windows and screens cleaned, and porch scrubbed.

I had what I hope is the final post-surgery check with my doctor on Friday and he said all is good and he will talk to me in October when I have another mammogram, but to call if I need him. So, yay!  Life is good!

I went to Anderson's Garden Center and got some lovely marigolds to put in the porch pots.  And also bought a new garden flag that has just a touch of orange in it.  Normally I get red geraniums, but there are none to be found around here right now. I was told that the extremely hot, dry weather while we were gone was very hard on the plants.  Their inventory was only about half what it normally is.  The pot plantings are also usually done after the beach trip, and I couldn't do it then.  Also, I didn't want Lisa and BeyB to have to worry about keeping them alive while we were gone.  :)  I love marigolds, so I am happy with my choice.



I finished up some other yard work and right now things are looking pretty good.  We've ordered a new fire pit for our patio and it should arrive about  mid-August.

Les has been working on organizing our pictures from the trip.  We're trying to name them before we forget where they were taken.  :)

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: