Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day Twenty-Three

Yep, we're ready to be home.  It's been a wonderful trip, but it is time to get back.

The Navy Lodging was very nice.  Breakfast was the usual hotel-type foods.  I had a waffle and some fruit.  We got on the road and traffic got heavier and heavier.  I-40 is a major truck route and it seemed like most of the traffic was huge trucks.  Some of those were driven by people who needed a refresher course in driving carefully and responsibly.

We got to the Comfort Inn a little after 3:00.  Nice room.  We're glad to be out of the traffic.  I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner.  There is a barbecue place we'd like to try but it involves getting back out in traffic for half an hour.  There is also a Five Guys right across the parking lot.  :) We'll see.

Not much to report on things along the highway today.  Too many trucks in the way.  :)  I've been seeing an occasional dead critter along the road I haven't recognized.  I Googled and figured out they were armadillos.  We have not seen any live ones, but evidently they do live in Arkansas and Tennessee.


One exit lane sign made me smile.  It was the way to get to Bucksnort, TN.  Gotta' love that name!

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  And God Bless America!

No comments: