Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Happy Tuesday!

It was in the 20's this morning, but has warmed up to almost 60 this afternoon.  Supposed to be in 60's tomorrow, too.  I checked the new pansies and they are fine, pretty as ever!

I've been busy finishing up some projects around here and doing odds and ends.  All the usual stuff, a load of laundry, did some errands.  Then I worked on the pictures some more and got the new ones into the frames.  And then moved the ones that were "de-framed" into the scrapbook.  Did a little desk work. 

Another project concerned the rain gauge on our weather vane.  The recent ice/snow storm evidently shattered the rain tube.  I cleaned up bits of glass when I was out working in the yard on Sunday.  I found what I thought might be a replacement tube while out doing the errands today.  It was the right size, but did not have a "lip" at the top to hold it in place.  A good motto to live by is "where there is a will, there is a way".  I got out my black carpet thread and the super duper glue I discovered when fixing Golfer's golf bag a few months ago.  I built a lip at the top of the tube.  Just wound the thread and glued every few rounds.  When it was dry I took it out and it looks good.  Blends right in with the black rubber holder.  Now we'll see how long that holds up out in the weather.

It's almost time to start supper.   I will end with a picture.  Here is our family.


Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: