Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gray Outside, Happy Inside

We are in the  midst of a few gray and cloudy/rainy days here.  The temperatures are in the 40's, but it just feels colder.

I've been keeping busy.  There is always all the usual day to day things that need to be done.  We have had a visit from the Zoo Pro man to check on things in the attic again.  He will be back one more time this next week.  The comforting news for me is that I haven't seen anything, seen any evidence of anything, or heard anything recently!

We also had a visit from our handyman, Steve.  Our house has wood trim work.  It needs to be painted every few years.  Sometimes parts need to be replaced.  So we're going to have Steve do the wrap on the trim that will cover it and eliminate the painting.  We've finally found a color that almost matches the current color of the trim.  Everything is ordered.  Steve will also take care of a couple other odds and ends that need attention while he and his guys are here working.

I have continued to clean some things out and there is a DAV pick-up scheduled for Wednesday.  I truly think that things multiply while stored in our closets.  But I continue to sort and clean out.

And my picture sorting project continues.  These pictures that I am sorting range from baby pictures of our mothers to current times.  Some are fragile. Some are faded. A lot are duplicates or just plain not great.  I am gathering pictures to put in a family scrapbook.  I am sure we are not the only family to have the situation that I have discovered.  We have a "bajillion" pictures of Bey B from birth through about eight years (she is eighteen now).  Then fewer pictures of Boxer and Bloomer.  Distance partly plays a factor in that.  Then we get to Cutie Girl and Little Miss E and we have only a couple hard copy pictures.  Everything has gone digital as time passes!

This situation then led to me sorting through our digital pictures and all the ones on my phone and getting some printed to go in the book!  I found a Walgreen's coupon and sent in my order and within half an hour I got an email saying they were ready to come pick up.  I would have made some progress on all this but yesterday I went with Nurse J, Bey B, and Cutie Girl to the Living Museum.  We originally were going to walk through the outdoor part and see the dinosaur exhibit, but it was cold and raining, so we stayed inside.  The museum is very nice.  I had not been since they remodeled.  Cutie Girl loves the aquarium!



This morning I caught up on the shows we watched where I fell asleep and missed the endings.  :)  Then I did the routine morning stuff.  And then had baby time with Little Miss E!  She was very good and we enjoyed having her with us while Nurse J took Cutie Girl to a movie.  Little Miss E likes to sit in PaPa's chair and rock!


Everyone has gone home now.  The furry boys have come out of hiding.  Time to decide what we're doing for supper. 

Stay safe!

No comments: