Monday, January 9, 2017

Just Another Update and Some Wishful Thinking

Well.  It is still cold.  The temperature did not get above freezing today so we are still covered in snow and ice.  Maybe tomorrow.  Sigh.  Wednesday is predicted to be in 60's!

Golfer did go out and got half of the driveway cleaned off.  He did the side that is behind Spock, the RDX.  Spock has front wheel drive if we need to go anywhere.  The snow is heavy and it is covering thick ice in some spots.  Golfer also cleaned off the sidewalk as much as possible.  The ice is much thicker there where icicles have dripped, even in freezing weather.  Salt has been put down.

Speaking of icicles... here's an example of what we have.

Picture taken from the office window
I knocked as many down as I could out front, but the patio and deck are so deep in snow I haven't been out there yet.

I was taking a bag of trash out to our dumpster which is stored inside the garage this morning.  And I walked into a big puddle!  I came back in, got my coat because it was freezing cold out there, got a flashlight, and told Golfer what I was doing.  He came out to see, too.  We have water leaking at the water heater that is located in the corner of the garage.  It's not that old.  We have a maintenance contract with Smith & Keene on all our heating, A/C, generator, and plumbing.  I called right away.  This contract gives us preferential service scheduling and pricing.  The soonest they can get here is tomorrow.  They are over-loaded with service calls.  So tomorrow morning we will be moving things out of the way and hopefully, eventually, cleaning and drying things out there.  And possibly getting another water heater.  Sigh.

I started a project this afternoon.  We have stacks and boxes of old pictures.  I started sorting and cleaning out.  Here's a question that no one can answer:  WHY DON'T WE ALL LABEL PICTURES WE TAKE?  I admit I am as guilty as anyone.  So anyway, the project is started.   Be ready Nurse J and Bikini, some will be heading your way!

One picture in particular spoke to me.  I have said and thought this a million times, I'm ready for warm weather and sunshine.  I found this picture of my Mom and an unknown friend.  Mom liked the sunshine, too!

Mom is in the dark suit.  Quite the "looker"!  Miss you, Mom.
Stay safe, people!

No comments: