Saturday, January 28, 2017

Are You Ready for the Football?

Eh. I watch for the commercials, and the Browns are not involved, so we are as ready as we're going to get here.  But enjoy yourselves!  We'll be watching and having some snacks.

It is drying out a bit here and the sun is trying to come out.  The temperatures have been going up and down from day to day, but that is normal for here.  Golfer has layered up and is out on the course with the other guys.

It's been a busy week, compounded by Kirk, our MDX, not starting on Tuesday when I wanted to go do errands and get groceries.  After some trouble shooting and a couple calls to Acura, they sent someone to jump the battery.  It was so low that the jump box wouldn't do it and the man had to pull his car into our garage and jump from his car battery.  And then we went straight up to Acura where Kirk stayed overnight.  The gist of that is that they could not duplicate the situation, couldn't find anything wrong, don't know what drained the battery, and can't say if it will happen again.  All I know is there were a lot of lights flashing and things beeping when I tried to start him.  We're supposed to come back if it happens again.  I told the tech supervisor, "you can bet on that" and also told him there will be no more battery jumping, if/when it happens again Kirk will be towed.  Kirk has been fine since we got him home.

That made us particularly concerned because this is how the problems started with Rico, our previous truck.  And those battery issues went on for months and months, until we were finally so frustrated we traded him in.

On the bright side though, life is good.  Spring is coming.  The neighbors have daffodils starting to come up. In that spirit, I just could not resist buying these frost resistant pansies to put on the porch.  I love pansies!  Last year by the time I was ready to get some, I had waited a little too long and they were pretty picked over.  But these I found at Lowe's are especially pretty!


I hope to get out and do a little yard clean-up either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!

No comments: