Monday, January 16, 2017

Nature's Beauty

Hey, all!  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  It was cold and raining off and on here.  But the snow and ice are gone now.

Besides keeping up with all the usual things around the house, I've worked on a couple extra projects.  The closet upstairs definitely needed attention and cleaning out.  So did the large wooden chests up there.  Since Golfer was not playing this weekend, he helped and we got a lot done.  One goal for me was to get to the large box of pictures stored in the closet up there.

I worked on sorting pictures all of yesterday afternoon.  I can not believe how many duplicates we had and or how many pictures of people and places we did not recognize.  :)  Keep in mind that we inherited some of these pictures.  So now that the initial sorting is done, I will go through some of them again and get them organized into scrapbooks or scanned.

Speaking of pictures..... our friend, Rick Hopson, the photographer who took our family pictures at Christmas, takes absolutely beautiful nature pictures.  This recent one that he posted is just too beautiful to not share.  Snowy owls are rare in our area and Rick and his photographer buddy were lucky enough to see this one.  They had heard there had been a sighting at the shore and they took off to look for him.


I have to admit, he makes me think of Harry Potter.  Isn't he beautiful??!!

And this picture makes me smile every time I look at it....


So, if you ever need a photographer, look for Rick!  He did a great job with our family pictures, too.  Not so easy working with our group ranging in age from seven months, a wiggly three-year-old and up to 60+ years.  :)  

Stay safe, people!

No comments: