Sunday, November 6, 2016

What Time Is It??

I hope everyone remembered to change all their clocks.  You never really realize how many things keep time until it's time to make sure they are all changed!  I think Golfer and I got all of ours done.  I do know that this was the first Sunday in a really long time that our newspaper was delivered early!

It has been a very busy week here.  Cutie Girl had eye surgery on Monday.  Other than a post-op infection, she is doing well and we are all hopeful that this has corrected the problem.  Little Miss E spent Monday morning with us.  She has been in the throes of teething and has not been happy, but she was very good for us.  Nurse J has cheered her up by getting a bouncy seat set up.  Little Miss E loves it and wears herself out bopping all around and playing with the toys.   BeyB had an allergy attack but is now better.  And IT Guy had another kidney stone that required a hospital visit.  Golfer and I helped out with the little ones and again, they were very good.  Nurse J is exhausted, but I think things are calming down and getting better.


We've talked with Bikini and she's been busy with work, various quilting related projects, and everything else she does.  Boxer's end-of-the-season baseball party is today.  Bloomer is still making beautiful pictures in art class.  All is well.

The landscaper finally (!!) got here to take away the dead holly tree and plant a new one.  So we have had an extra chore of extra watering for a while.  So far, so good.  It looks better out there.  I was just out doing a "walk around" to see if anything needed attention.  Things are under control, leaves are falling down, it will be time to rake soon.

It's been almost record breaking hot for a few days and is now cooler again.  The heat is back on.

We've been keeping busy with all the usual things around the house, going to the "Y", Golfer playing golf, and I've been working on the Christmas shopping and wrapping and other prep.  Also preparing for Thanksgiving and the pantry is filling up.

I don't remember if I mentioned we saw the new Jack Reacher movie.  It was very good.  I also just finished reading the book that the movie was based on.  There were some differences, but it was very close.  Next on my reading list will be several Christmas related books that are in my "stack".  They've been there for a couple years.  First, I forgot about them, then I got too busy, and then  Christmas was over.  I am reading them this year and getting them out of the stack!

I am sure this will be a stress filled week for some people.  So stay calm, stay happy, and stay safe!

No comments: