Sunday, November 27, 2016

Done!

Hey, all!  I hope Thanksgiving was good at your house.  It was a quiet one here.  I cooked and watched the parade during the morning.  We have always eaten Thanksgiving dinner as soon as the parade ends, so Golfer and I ate and then headed out to deliver food to Nurse J's. Just a "drop and run" type of delivery.  They are slowly getting better over there.  Did I mention that BeyB got sick sick, too??

I have been working on decorating the last few days. And I just finished!  Whew!  When I started pulling the boxes and containers out of the closet, I decided it was time for some of the things to go. So it has taken a little longer as I sorted while I worked.  I should add right here - don't worry, Nurse J and Bikini, none of it is coming your way this time!  I can hear their sighs of relief as I am writing this.  :)

Both trees are done and the outside decorations are finished also.  All is lovely and I will take some pictures later.

I have mentioned in earlier posts about our Star Trek collectible ornaments.  We love them and they bring happy memories.  But over the years it has gotten harder to keep them working.  They plug into the light sockets on mini light strings.  Those strings of lights have changed a bit over the years and the ornaments quit working with them.  Hallmark sold adapters and I bought those and that worked for a while.  Last year none of them worked and I discovered that for some reason LED lights did not work with them.  So this year, I hunted some "not LED" lights and purchased a name brand of better lights.  I have five or six of the ornaments working this year.  I suspect that over time they just wear out.  I looked at the boxes and the oldest one of ours is from 1992.  All the new ornaments have tiny batteries and do not plug in to light sockets.  If there are any techies out there looking for a project, please come up with a tiny battery pack for the older ornaments.  :)

The furry boys "helped" with the decorating.  During a break Angus and Finnigan were focused on something outside the kitchen window.  I suspect either a squirrel or blowing leaves.  It's been windy.


Along with decorating, there has been the cleaning and other normal chores to do.  Golfer has cleaned up leaves yet again.  They are still coming down.  But life is good!  Stay safe!

No comments: