Monday, November 14, 2016

BRRRRRRR!

We had our first frost yesterday morning.  Golfer and the guys had a frost delay at the course, but once they got to tee off, it was starting to warm up.  Turned out to be a beautiful day and was sunny and in the 60's.  However, today is dark, raining off and on all day, and I think it only got to 50.  I have been cold all day.

I did get out in the yard for a little clean-up over the weekend.  I had to take care of some of the decorating pumpkins and gourds I had put out.  I had hoped they would been nice until Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen.  Several were rotting, moldy, or nibbled on.  So I cleaned that up and made a little pile of the good ones around the Thanksgiving flag out front.  Also raked a few leaves and pulled a few weeds.  And used my new blower to clean off the porch, patio and deck!

The other big project over the weekend for me was to work on Christmas things.  Did some more "inventory", wrapping and straightened up the closet.  Worked on the cards, too.

I have an observation to express, so if you get easily riled up by election results and political talk, stop reading right here.  Before the election, the Trump supporters were criticized and  called all sorts of names.  There was speculation by the Democrats that after the election, when Hillary had won, the Trump supporters would not handle it well and would cause problems and protest. Well........if you've been watching the news you know how that turned out.  Personally, I do not think that Hillary supporters are setting a very good example with the protests, property damage, and violent behavior.  Hillary has said herself - on TV, in front of cameras - that everyone should work together and give President-elect Trump a chance.  Please listen to what Mr. Trump says, not how he has expressed himself sometimes, and hear the ideas. Things will get better.

Stay safe!

No comments: