Friday, September 2, 2016

Just Checking In

I had a slight relapse of the vertigo on Sunday night, but it cleared up quickly.  I am still being careful and trying not to make any sudden moves.  I have also been going to the dentist.  I've been three times since I last posted.  The "freebie" crown that Dr. F wanted to re-do on his own was finished up today.  The crown fit perfectly, so their new system works very well.  The cracked tooth has been prepared and now has a temporary crown on it.  I'll get that one next Thursday.

Also next week, on Friday, I see the eye doctor for the re-check after the laser surgery to remove scar tissues in my right eye.  I think it is fine.  If that's what he says, then I am ordering some bifocal sunglasses!  I have ordered two pair from Amazon.  The first pair was pretty good, but broke.  The second pair is miserable.  But I didn't want to spend any more on them in case Dr. K says I need something else.  So I plan to get a comfortable pair that I can actually see out of.  There are times when driving when it is nice to be able to see the dashboard.  :)

Other than that, I've been busy keeping up with things around the house and in the yard.  I've been to the pool a couple times and to the "Y".  On that topic, the pool's last day to be open is on Monday.  The regular bunch of us that go to the club pool would like it to stay open at least through September, but we are told they can't get lifeguards.  So, foo!  The "Y" closed at noon today for the annual deep cleaning and disinfecting of everything after having all the camp kids there all Summer.  The "Y" won't be fully open again until next Thursday.  Eventually Golfer and I will get back into a regular routine.

Stores around here have all their Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving merchandise on display.  I had to run into Walmart this morning to get something and it looked like they were getting ready to set up the Christmas area.  Slow down, people!

We are keeping an eye on the weather.  It has been a long time since we've had any rain.  Even with our sprinkler system running, things are just dry and dull looking. That hasn't stopped weeds from growing though.  Trees are dropping leaves all over the place.  I'm wondering if there will be any Fall color this year.  We are actually waiting for some rain to start any time here with the storm system moving in.  I think most of our rain will be tomorrow though.

Golfer is doing well.  He calls again on Tuesday about jury duty.  Hopefully, he will be finished, but he may have to go back in.

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

No comments: