Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Good-bye Old Friend, You Served Us Well


As I was working on the Fall cleaning, we had some issues.  At least five times the brush roller on our old Dyson vacuum stopped.  I had to stop what I was working on and get it going again.  The last time it stopped there was a noise.  Then a broken gear fell out and then there was a bigger noise and whoomph!

So there it went.  Out to the curb for the bulk pick-up the next day.  And there I went. To the store to buy a new one!

It is larger and more powerful.  Also just a little heavier, but very manageable.

So welcome!  We have already been working at the Fall cleaning.


I would like to add that it was an interesting experience making this purchase.  I had gone to Bed, Bath and Beyond because I knew exactly where the vacuums were in the store.  I went to get one and the box was empty.  So I called over a nice young man to help.  He hesitated and told me the vacuums were very expensive.  He was sorry.  They were not kept out on the shelves.  He seemed to think I would be upset by the price maybe.  I told him it was okay, I just wanted one put in my cart.  He had to call a floor manager and they both had to go back to the storage area and sign it out.  Then they had to accompany me to the checkout and let the cashier know I was making a purchase.  This is a lot of security for a vacuum.  I want to know how many they have actually had "walk" out of the store without being paid for.  I mean, really!!??  It's not like you could stick one in your pocket or slide it under your coat!

Stay safe, people!  It's a risky world out there!

No comments: