Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Little Fat Santa

 


Little Fat Santa was made for us by Les' Dad years ago.  Santa is one of the first decorations to come out of a box when decorating here.  He usually sits on the mantle by the large Christmas tree.  This year he also has a small battery powered light up tree beside him.

Les' Mom had an original lighted ceramic tree.  I always liked it.  I noticed that this year Hallmark has had a couple sizes of them for sale.  I suspect that has something to do with all their movies.  I checked them out, but decided I didn't want to spend the money they wanted, plus they all had electric cords and couldn't be placed just anywhere.

I found this one on Amazon.  It is perfect!  And I think of Les' Mom every time I look at the tree.

The decorating is all done now, inside and out.  No major catastrophes to report.  Just one antique glass ornament came apart and shattered on the floor.  And Z's "first Christmas for baby" ornament came apart.  But I swept up the first, and repaired the second, and everything else went well.  But I was tired when finished.

The cards are done and will be mailed this week. 

Les is doing okay and anxious to get his surgery over and feel better and move better.  We both have appointments for more lab work.  Hopefully, our "numbers" will be better than the last time.

So basically, we are okay-ish.  Life is good.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.

God Bless America!

No comments: