Sunday, November 20, 2022

Coffee, Please


You know, it's funny, I never used to like coffee.  I am sure that Mom's use of instant coffee and my Grama's use of Chicory coffee had something to do with that.  Although, Grama did use regular Maxwell House, too.  And this was back when you ground your own beans in the grocery store.  She'd always give me a couple of the beans to chew on while I helped her shop and I did like those.

The turning point for me was when Les and I moved to Germany.  And while there, in spite of exchange rates and gas restrictions, we were able to go to Switzerland. Twice!  We stayed in a Pension, up on a hill.  Large cows with huge bells outside the windows.  And the coffee was served thick and hot with another pitcher of hot heavy milk.  You mixed it yourself.  Wonderful!  And that is when I started liking coffee. 😊

And now we have a Starbucks near us; the rest is history!  And while I love going to the Starbucks for coffee, we also brew our own Starbucks coffee at home.  Dark, and bold; no Frou-Frou coffees here!

Stay safe people.  Take care of yourselves.  Life is good and God Bless America!

No comments: