Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Worked It Out

Fence update:  I called yesterday before noon and asked about our fence work.  I was told the guys had been picking up the wood and were on the way to our house as we were speaking.  No one showed up all day.

No one showed up this morning either.  I called about noon and told the woman at the desk I wanted to speak to someone in charge.  I got a call back within minutes along with an apology.  He had meant to call us this morning and didn't get to it.  No one would be coming to work today.  He had eight guys call out yesterday and three today.  He assured me that someone will be here to finish the fence work tomorrow morning.  We'll see.

Since I had a lot of pent up stress energy that needed somewhere to go and I didn't want to spend that energy yelling or throwing things around, I went out to work on the front mulched area.  It has really been bugging me lately.  I was trying to hold out for some cooler weather but decided to try it today.  The forecast doesn't show any cool weather any time soon here.  So I went out and pruned our large azalea, and used the electric trimmer on the shrubs.  Then I pulled a few weeds, swept down spider webs, used the blower and cleaned things up.  Les came out and got a couple big weeds I couldn't reach or pull, and he helped clean up, too.  Then I hung up our new Fall small flag. 



We are inside and all showered and cleaned up now.  It is 91 and the heat index is 102.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!

No comments: