Saturday, August 7, 2021

Hello!

Just checking in and hoping everyone is well and staying safe.

Les and I are doing okay and keeping up with things.  We had a break in the hot weather and I was having a "good feeling" day recently and I got out and did some work in the yard.  The mulched areas are cleaned up and pruning was done in several areas.  The back corner of the yard had been bothering me but it now looks so much better!

The other large mulched area in the backyard is cleaned up also.  We have talked about having the Azalea stumps dug out and new Azaleas planted this Fall.  But I'm thinking now that it might be better to wait until early Spring for that work.  A couple of the other oldest shrubs might need to be dug out, too.  No sense in disturbing everything twice.  But we will see about this.


As you can see, the new fence is not in yet.  But Ms. Utility people marked the gas lines a couple weeks ago.  Of course none of their paint was anywhere near where the fence goes.  And the paint is all gone now from that anyway.  But the water department came yesterday and marked the back yard with some bright blue paint for the waterlines.  Those lines run across the yard and aren't where the fence is going to go either except for right at the property line.  And Les has said the fence posts are not going to go deep enough to bother that line.  So we're just waiting on all that work.

We woke up early this morning and Les decided to go to Emily's for donuts.  While he was doing that, I did the morning stuff and we ate when he got back home.  He got me a special donut.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture until I had started to eat it.  Les said he was surprised I hadn't taken a  picture.  So here is half of my special donut! 😊   


Take care of  yourselves and stay safe!  God Bless America!

No comments: