Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Mistake Was Made

I had recently decided that this was going to be the year to have new Christmas wreaths on the front door and the fence gates. Michael's did not have any wreaths unless you wanted a black one for Halloween or a wicker, vine, or straw one for Thanksgiving and Fall in general.  No problem!  I ordered what I wanted from Amazon.  Also ordered some new garland for the porch rails.

Packages were delivered on time and the smaller wreaths for the gates are very nice, just need fluffed and bows.  The garland is very nice.  I opened the larger box with the larger wreath and this is what I found. 


Just in case I had messed up, I checked my paperwork.  This is definitely not what I ordered!  I got back on Amazon and it said to contact the company.  After a lengthy conversation and a call back, I was told they would send the correct wreath and I could keep this one.

Fine, but really, I would not hang this up in our home the way it looks.  But I didn't want to be wasteful.  So, I got in the closet where I store bits of things and got out a Ziploc bag where I had kept some silk leaves and other small Fall decorations. I didn't want to waste those either and they've been waiting for a purpose for several years. 

I got out my floral wire, and my glue gun, and spent some time with it all yesterday.  This is what I created.


I will hang it on the front door when I get our other Fall decorations out.  😊

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is great.  God Bless America!


P.S. The correct green Christmas wreath has been delivered and it is very lovely.  

No comments: