Thursday, December 5, 2019

Thank You, Garrett!

First some background info.

When Les and I were first married, his Mom tried to teach me to make over easy eggs.  Her method involved the small cast iron skillet, using a lid over them, and somehow magically knowing when to take the lid off and stop cooking them!  I never got it right.  So for most of the first fifty years of our marriage, Les' over easy eggs happened when we went out to breakfast.  After our 50th anniversary a couple years ago, I thought I would tackle this again.  I thought they looked pretty good.

However......... after two years, just a couple months ago, Les told me I still wasn't getting them right. He didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me.  So, I am still trying.

We went to Pam's for Thanksgiving, and on Friday morning Garrett was cooking breakfast and a discussion of egg cooking happened.  He says, "it's easy" and proceeded to show me how he cooks them.  His method involves no lid, and a lifting, flipping pan motion to flip the eggs over. Then take them off the heat and onto the plate.  Looked easy enough, so I said I'd try his way.

Today is Thursday.  According to our "routine", this is an egg day for us.  So I took a deep breath and went at it.  First try did not go so well.


My gripping, flipping, and catching needs some work!

So I cleaned that up and tried again.  The second time I used my largest spatula to flip the eggs over.  Les says they were pretty good.  Progress!

Stay safe, people!  Life is great!  And God Bless America!

p.s.  And never stop learning!

No comments: