Friday, December 27, 2019

Alright.....

Christmas is over now.  I hope everyone had a good one.  I decided I'd better check in.

This has been a tough one here.  I have not been feeling very good for a while and part of the issues is some erratic emotions, and also some major joint pains and tiredness.  As a result, I am not getting things done as I want to do them and it is frustrating me.  But all is well, life is great, I am coping.  I see the new doctor in a couple weeks.

It was a tougher year this year not having either of the girls here or the kids.  This happens and we understand.  We don't complain about it because they all have responsibilities with work and school, and their own lives to take care of.  Plus, Les and I rarely made it home for holidays over the years.

Pam says they are doing okay except Bloomer has been sick.

Jacquie says all three girls have had a virus or something and they have been sick.  They are supposed to be back home next week.  I feel bad that they are sick while at their other Grama's for a visit.

And Les has been sick all week, to the point that we had to cancel Christmas dinner with our friends, Lou and Gloria.  I had prepared and shopped and even done some food prep, when we finally realized we should not expose them to the germs here.  So I loaded up a bag and took the "fixins" to them so they would have a nice dinner.

Les is actually at our doctor's right now. He has been fighting a terrible cough and some congestion and just not feeling well.  At times he has practically no voice. This morning when he got up he thought maybe he was feeling worse than last night, so I called and got him the appointment.

Those of you who know me well know I like to do the un-decorating usually starting on the 26th.  That has been slow going, but it is happening.  When I finish this, I am going to pull all the containers out of the closet and start on the tree in the living room.  Years ago, this would all be done in one day.  Those days are over, and I am pacing myself.  😊

The elf on the porch has met an untimely end.  I went out one evening to plug in the lights and noticed a large wet spot on the porch floor.  As he filled with air and stood up, I was splashed.  It was about then I also noticed the stink.  Something - it had to be large - had peed all over the elf.  It was just downright nasty.  I had to clean my shoes and change my clothes.  Next day I had to put my shoes in the washer with some old towels and wash them again because they were offending our furry boys.  I also had to go clean the porch and spray it down.  With all the weights and electrical parts, I declared the elf  "deceased".  And he still STUNK!

But... life remains good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: