Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Countdown Is On!

Christmas is a week away.  Most of the preparations around here are done.  I need to make one more trip to the commissary for a few things and hope to do that Thursday morning.  I say "hope" because we expect another "rain event" as one forecaster calls it and I hate grocery shopping in the rain.  Right now they say it will be starting mid day on Thursday.  We'll see.

We've been enjoying the cards that have come in.  Always good to hear from friends and family.  There used to be some Christmas letters, but since most of us use Facebook, the letters have stopped.  (ours included)  (been a few years since we've written one)

Les and I have been watching Christmas movies.  We had watched "Christmas Chronicles" when it first came on Netflix.  And we've watched the two "Die Hard" Christmas movies.  We just finished the "Santa Clause" trilogy.  Not sure what's up for tonight, we have a stack to watch yet.  🎅

A couple posts ago, I included a picture of  Cutie Girl with Santa.  Just to show that she and Little Miss E are not alone in her opinion of visiting Santa, here are a couple more pictures.  I know Jacquie and Pam will be thrilled.  Love you, girls!

note the expressions


really, really not happy
When I was a little girl, I got to visit Santa at Mom's work party.  Nickles Bakery always had a large Christmas party in the school gymnasium for employees and their families.  Lots of dressed up people, music, food, and fun.  As each child visited Santa they were given a wrapped gift.  And not just a coloring book or candy cane, but a toy, game, or doll or something.  Good memories. I'm sure they don't do that now, times change.

So, as always, life is great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: