Monday, December 28, 2009

Okay. Where Is Spring???

Those of you that know me know that I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the music, the cards, the special shows and concerts. You also know that I consider it ended on the 25th of December. It is now the 28th; the gifts are put away, the decorations are taken down and packed away, things are cleaned up and now I say: I'm ready for Spring. Where is the warm weather?

Of course, the reality in all this is that it is Winter. It is getting colder again here. We'll be getting some occasional cold rain or maybe snow for the next couple of months. In my mind, I can see myself sitting in a comfy chair in the sun by the community pool or out on our deck. But, reality again: it's darn cold and damp here!

On another note --- remember last Spring when I posted a picture of the cute flower pots that looked like coffee cups? Well, they are goners. Evidently they were not made to withstand cold weather. The plants in them were still alive and green, but the pots cracked and fell apart. Phoooo! So, they're gone.

When we have gotten through all the activities and enjoyed all the company involved with Golfer's retirement ceremony and party that's coming up the end of January, it might be the right time for me to get some plain, basic clay pots and try that project of using leftover tile bits mortared on. I have a couple buckets of leftover tile pieces out in the shed for such a project. Also have all the leftover mortar and grout that the guys left us. I'll keep you posted on that. I can say I'm not buying any more cute, but pricey, pots!

It was back to work today for me. First thing I did was un-decorate my office. Probably drives the preacher nuts, but I figure it's my office. He insists the decorations stay up all over the rest of the church until the second week in January. So if you come down the hallway and see all the wreathes on the doors, the one with the vine wreath with shells and pastel ribbon on it is mine! The green wreath with ornaments is put away.

That's about all from here. Stay safe!

No comments: