Saturday, December 19, 2009

And now for other news......

If you have been watching the weather, you would think we would be snowed in here. Mom called us a little while ago to see if we were okay. We're good, just wet, cold and windblown! Just a little farther north and west of us there is lots and lots of snow. Here, just wind, rain and cold. Although the forecasters are still calling for the rain to turn to snow later today and maybe accumulate an inch or two. We'll see. I would rather have snow than freezing rain or ice.

I was up early and went to get groceries before things got too busy and crazy. Now I'm just catching up on stuff around the house. Golfer did his Christmas wrapping this morning while I was out. We have a little work to do on his retirement celebration plans.

The furry kids are holed up in warm places. One of them is under the new quilt on our bed! And I believe Cinder is out in the living room working on the tree skirt. You would be surprised how far and how fast a kitty can slide across the floor on a soft, crocheted tree skirt! It's quite a sight! (think back to when you were a kid and slid on waxed linoleum in your socks)

I have a little baking I would like to get done sometime before Christmas, but I have to be in the mood for that.

I hope all is well with everyone and the holiday season is treating you all well!

Stay safe!

No comments: