Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Just Checking In

We've been getting some yard work done.  The leaves are still falling down and piling up!  I have been working on the mulched areas where I needed to do some pruning, cutting back, and cleaning up.  And then I raked up the leaves from those areas.  All the mulched areas are cleaned up for now except for the back corner one surrounded by the river rocks.  Honestly, if I don't get to that area, I think I'll have the guys that we hire to clean out the rocks do the raking.  It is covered with pine needles, cones, and leaves from our neighbors' trees.

I've been keeping up with things around the house and catching up on things I have not been able to do for a while.  It helps to have my right hand getting stronger. 😊 My left one has not been as bad as my right, but still gets numb and tingly at times.

Tomorrow I will be doing a little food prep for our quiet Thanksgiving.  And then I am looking forward to getting the trees and decorations out! 🎄🎅🎄  It will take me a couple days to get both trees decorated, but I do enjoy it.  There are so many memories connected to most of our ornaments.  

As far as Christmas preparations, our cards are ready to mail, shopping is done, and gifts are wrapped.  What has to be shipped has been sent and delivered.  We are continuing to stay in and take care of ourselves.

Covid cases continue to rise everywhere and it is upsetting that so many people just ignore the advice to mask up, distance, and stay home.  Just because we hear on the news that vaccines are being approved does not mean that they will suddenly end this virus and everything will be wonderful.  We would all like for that to be the case, but be honest with yourselves, it won't happen that way.


Take care and stay safe.  God Bless America!  Remember life is still great!

No comments: