Monday, October 21, 2019

Well. Huh. It Is Certainly a Monday.

Sorry Monday, I try not to pick on you, but your reputation is proving true today.


And here is how the day has been so far.....

After a day of rain yesterday, today is just cloudy and in the 60's.  Les is having a round of golf with the other guys.  We were both leaving at the same time because this is a Starbucks day for us.  I got in Jadzia (TLX) and immediately got a warning message saying "low tire pressure".  I looked at the readings and then got out to look.  Yep, flat tire, reading had said "0".   Les saw me get out as he was backing out of the driveway and asked what was wrong.  I went with him to Starbucks, we got our coffees,  and he brought me home.  He got his golf hat he had forgotten and I came in and had breakfast, enjoyed my coffee, read the paper, and watched some news.  When it was time for the Acura service department to open I called them and am currently waiting on AAA to get here.

Does everyone remember when it used to be that when you had a flat tire, you just changed it with your spare tire from the trunk which was a regular tire????  Now tires on new cars are filled with Nitrogen, and you get no spare tire, just a can of something to squirt in a flat tire.  And in this case, since she is new, and we have a warranty, she has to go in to the Acura service department.  Sigh.

Les made sure years ago that I could do some things with our cars if I needed to since he was sometimes TDY or on assignment somewhere.  I checked tire pressures, fluids and added if needed, scrubbed battery posts, etc.  And I remember when he was in Thailand for a year and I went back to Ohio to stay with my Mom for that year, his Dad would come by and check to make sure I knew what I was doing.  Memories!

Well, anyway, life goes on.  The plans I had for the day are all on hold.  There are things I can do here at home. .  .  .  .  .  .  .  AAA man was just here and Jadzia is on her way to Acura.  Will keep you posted.  After he left, I cleaned the garage floor since the cars are both out.

Life is still great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: