Sunday, October 6, 2019

Too Much Time on the Phone!

Things are moving along here.  The cleaning out and getting ready for carpet installation continues. I have made a couple trips to drop things off at DAV.  Also marked some things for Jacquie and for Pam.  😊  And we filled up the garbage dumpster.  Work continues.

And I have had to make way too many phone calls and be on hold way too long to get answers for various things.  I had to talk with the insurance claim people, the Verizon people about a messed up situation I won't go into, and several other time consuming calls. 

I had previously mentioned we are getting new desks and we wanted to donate our old wooden ones that were still in good condition.  Unfortunately, none of the charities would come and pick up.  In my search for one that would though, the name of the company "College Hunks Hauling Junk" popped up.  I called and talked to a nice young-sounding lady.  They would pick up and haul to a charity and send us a donation receipt for a fee.  So Friday they came to give us an estimate and Saturday they came and picked them up.  One of the guys came both days.  Definitely college age, and able to lift and carry.  The man who came with him on Saturday was maybe a bit older, but definitely looked like a weight lifter.  They picked those large desks up and moved them out like they were TV trays!

I've been trying to keep up with things that always need to be done and keep working on the prep work.  I admit, I am ready for all this to be done and things back in order.  I am tired and I am achy.  And I know why (too much bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and carrying even though I am careful) 

This coming week is a packed one.  Les has PT and doctor appointments, we have the Fall heating system check-up, the carpet installation, the roof cleaning, and the furniture delivery, as well as getting everything moved back in place.  That is going to go at a slow pace and be done right, not just shove things back in closets.  Although I am sure we will be tempted to do that.  😊

Since the desks were moved out, Les has our computer set up on the work table temporarily.  Angus is not pleased at all with this situation.  He does not have his usual place to sit on the end of the desk to see out the window and his napping place in front of the monitor is different.  But you will notice that he squeezed in and as I write now, he is fast asleep. But please also notice the expression on his face.


Life is great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: