Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Just Some More Thoughts

I just had about thirty minutes on hold with the DMV.  I did eventually get to talk with a very helpful lady who answered all my questions, but Holy Moly! 

The issues are all from when we first got our TLX as a lease.  We had never leased a vehicle before, but there was a deal going on that saved us several thousand dollars on the car.  Unfortunately, what we might have saved in money added a lot of stress and worry as far as I am concerned and we will not be doing this ever again.  We have paid off the lease and now have a regular car loan with our credit union.  Where the problem is right now is this: we got a letter from Acura leasing saying we had fifteen days to get the TLX registered.  But we do not have a title number yet and the credit union says it could take up to forty-five days to get it.  And we want to keep our personalized license plates, so that has to be worked into the process.

The DMV lady was helpful, but said I needed to contact Acura and get them to help.  So I called the helpful man we have been working with and he thinks he can help.  We will probably be going back up to see him either Friday or Monday.  OMG!!  Like I said, we will not be doing another lease in the future. EVER.

In other news, the weather has been Fallish.  At the current time, neither the heat nor the A/C are on.  Outside temps are mid-60's and humid.

The precipitation people are coming on Saturday to shut down our sprinkler system.  Les has been hand watering the area that was dug up in the front for the new drain; rest of the yard is doing okay.  Leaves are coming down.

Life is great!  In the words of Helen Reddy (from I Am Woman)  "If I have to, I can do anything".  If you are wondering what brought that comment up, Helen's CD is one of the ones I have loaded up in Jadzia (TLX)  She is right along with IZ, the soundtracks from Chicago, Wicked, Grease, Frankie Valli, and Celtic Thunder.  And for extra stressful times, I have Pachelbel's Ocean Sounds.  😊

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: