Sunday, November 18, 2018

A Quiet Day

We were both up early this morning.  I did the usual "morning stuff" and several other odds and ends that needed doing.  It was omelette day so I cooked breakfast and we had our coffee and read the paper.  I just finished making some chicken salad for supper and cleaning up the kitchen.

Since the last post, we had to have Geek Squad here to work on our TV system.  I am hoping to get a customer survey.  I have a few things I'd like to say.  😊  When we bought our new TV we signed up for the Geek Squad Tech Support.  Seemed worth it to have the "ease of scheduling" (ha!!) and the reduced prices for service.  So when the sound started going out, I called.  The first call I got an automated message saying simply that there was no one to answer the phones and call back.  Huh.  Not good for tech support there.  The second call got me to an actual human and I explained the problem.  I was then transferred to someone else and I explained again.  He transferred me to someone else where I explained yet again and finally got an appointment.  I requested the two techs who have been here several times doing work for us and a morning appointment, first call if possible.  The call was set up for that.

So Saturday morning two guys I've never seen before show up.  Did not have a clue about what they were supposed to be doing for us based on what the scheduler had told them. And it wasn't because I had not explained the problem over and over!  We had suspected it was the receiver going bad and had bought one to have ready in case that was it;  it was.  And one of the guys got to work.  The other was the "Gofer" I guess. 

Now let me say here that they were both polite and friendly.  But about the time he had things all apart and disconnected, he says to me "I don't have time to do this work, is it okay to reschedule and come back later, maybe in the evening?"  Uh, NO!  It is not okay, I would like the work completed.  So then there was a sigh and he said he guessed he'd have to call his other appointments and tell them he would be late.  And I thought to myself with a smile on my face, I guess you will.  About then Les got back home and I filled him in.  The work was finished, tested, and it seemed okay.............until we tried to watch a movie last night and could not get to VUDU.  When Les clicked on movies, it turned the TV off!!  WTH!!!  I was ready to call someone right then, but Les said he would today.  But then this morning he researched online and figured out how to fix the problem himself and now it is good.  But.... like I said, I am waiting on that survey.  And I still don't know why we did not get the two techs who have worked on the system before.

So all that was a big aggravation added on top of how we feel about our yard right now.  The current status is front and side yards are still wet, muddy, squishy, and have bare spots where the grass is gone.  The backyard is not as wet but does have some soft areas.  We are being careful.

For a further aggravation, this morning I did a load of laundry and there was a shredded tissue in the load and I had to clean that up. Oh, and also, one of our furry boys threw up on the Christmas quilt I put on the bed a week ago.

But.... Life is great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

P.S. A couple neighbors have already put up their outside decorations.  I hope they don't get letters from the OA.  It is too early.  But in support, here is a cute picture from a group of Vintage Christmas Cards I found online.




No comments: