Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Mash of Holidays

Halloween is over.  Les and I did not go to Jacquie's to see the girls and they did not get to go Trick-or-Treating.  The plague has hit over there with congestion, coughing,  and vomiting.  I told Jacquie to call if they need anything at all and I will deliver to their front door.  She is holding up so far, but says she may have to just burn down the house to be done with the germs.  😊  Hope the plague will pass quickly and they will all be better soon.

Les and I stopped handing out candy a couple years ago.  It just got out of hand around here when the newspaper published the list of the best neighborhoods to go for the best candy.  Ours was at the top of the list and people come from all over and swarm the neighborhoods.  The last two years I handed out candy there was a lack of manners, not many saying "thank you", and large people not in costume wanting candy.  Plus some walking through the yard and mulched areas.  I said enough is enough.  So, we do something for our kids, turn out the lights and go out to dinner. 

I don't want to spoil anyone's Halloween fun, but come on!  There is no need to go into a neighborhood and just drop off vans full of kids.  Visit your neighbors and go where you know people. It's safer and better for everyone. We could hardly get down our street last night when we came home.  There were cars and large vans parked bumper to bumper along every curb and some blocking intersections.  And most of the people we saw obviously had no safety concerns.  They were in dark clothes, letting their kids run through yards, no flashlights, etc.  I hope no one was hurt.

By my observation, we are not the only residents who feel this way, I saw many dark homes.  And now that I have vented all this, here are some other thoughts.

After a very nice dinner at BJ's Brewhouse we went to the Mall.  We NEVER go to the mall in the evenings.  And I am pretty sure Les wasn't expecting to see all the costumed kids there Trick-or-Treating at the stores.  When I saw some in the parking lot I thought that was what was going on, but we went in and window-shopped and walked around.  I bought two things I had on my mental list to go look for sometime.  Had just been putting it off because it involved going to the Mall.  But we were there, so that's done.

There is nothing like going to the Mall on Halloween night, being surrounded by crowds of people,  little costumed kids, and shopping in the midst of Christmas decorations and music! 

Our weather is up and down.  It's supposed to make it to 80 today and tomorrow.  I plan to get out and do a little yard clean-up today.  But right now I am going to go swap out the Halloween decorations and set out our Thanksgiving ones!

Stay safe and God Bless America!  Life is great!




No comments: