Sunday, October 14, 2018

Updates

Les and I did get out to work in the yard on Friday.  The huge tree limb was from our neighbor's tree and we have no idea how it got into our yard.  But Les got it cut up and hauled out to the curb for the next bulk pick-up.  I got all the mulched areas cleaned up and pulled all the branches and limbs out of shrubs and flowers where they had blown in.  We picked up bags of "bits", branches, small limbs, etc. from the yard.  Les raked part of it and said the rest of the leaves he will get when he mows next time.  So, right now, our yard is looking better.

As far as everywhere else, the news reports say there were several tornadoes that touched down and did damage, some flooding in some areas closer to the water, many, many trees down, and power outages.  Some areas are still out.

I went to the Commissary yesterday morning and clean-up was being done everywhere along the way and work being done on the power lines.  Not as many people shopping as there usually are on Saturday mornings and it was a short trip.

Today was omelette day and I cooked breakfast, we watched a movie and read the paper.  I just finished grooming and nail clipping the furry boys.  That was followed by vacuuming. 

It has cooled off here and is only 64, and humidity in the 50% range.  I have the A/C off and a couple windows open.

Les played golf yesterday and said the course looked pretty good, no damage.

I haven't talked to either of the girls so I am assuming all is well.  😊 

Life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: