Friday, October 19, 2018

Things Getting Done

Things are just humming along here.  The temperatures are getting cooler.  Sometimes there is a crisp feel in the air.  No color change in leaves yet, but a few of them have just given up and turned brown and fallen off the trees.  The weather has not been kind to them this year.

Les and I have had a couple appointments.  Mostly just routine stuff and okay.

The yard work is under control.

We had our handyman guy here to do several repair jobs.  Nothing major, just some jobs we needed help with.  Our HVAC guy was here to do the Fall check-up on our heating system and we're ready to turn that on when we need it.  Might be soon since this week the night time temperatures are forecast in the 40's.

I've done just a little more Christmas shopping.  Also ordered some stamps since I saw on the news that there is going to be another price increase.

I think soon I will tackle cleaning the windows and start the Fall cleaning.  Anyone else remember helping with the Fall cleaning when you were kids?  Grama would drag her rugs out of the house and hang them over her clothesline.  If I was there, it was my job to whack them a thing that looked like a tennis racket.  While the rugs were out, she was washing and waxing the floors.  And then she liked to use the stuff that was the precursor to Play-Doh.  It was green, came in a gallon can, had the Play-Doh smell and we'd make balls of it and rub them all over the wallpaper to clean it.  The windows got washed, the curtains, everything all scrubbed and clean before Winter and the holidays.

Well, I got lost going down memory lane there, but anyway, I'm going to start with the Fall cleaning soon.  I hate to start it when it's so muggy and hot.  Once it starts to cool, I am ready.

Life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

I searched for a carpet beater picture and found this.  I'm glad the vacuum was invented!

No comments: