Friday, January 12, 2018

Hey! Just Hey!

Right now, as of a couple minutes ago, the sun is out and it is 68 degrees outside.  Before this, it was dark and raining.  This is just a break, the rain is to restart in a couple hours and then it will get cooler.  The high by Sunday is freakin' 30!

But, life is good.  I've been keeping busy doing chores around the house, reading, and we've watched some of our recorded shows.  I got out and did some errands.  That involved discovering a "new" used book store that I did not know about.  And it was a successful trip; found three books on my list.

Les and I have started planning the work we want done on the kitchen.  Only one contractor so far has responded to his messages and we are meeting with them next week.  I started a file and we are accumulating lists, notes, and other info; mainly on things we want and things I do not want.  😊  In case I have not mentioned this, my personal motto from now on forever is "work smarter and easier, not harder and longer".  So this rules out anything that is going to make more work in any area.  What this boils down to is landscapers don't need to suggest planting something that needs constant attention and contractors don't need to suggest things that need constant upkeep.  I am fine with normal maintenance needs, but just because something is trending and popular does not mean I want it, especially if it involves extra work.

I believe this is coming about because although I have always believed age was just a  number, I am accepting and embracing mine.  If my body worked the way I'd like I'd be rollerskating right now.  But sadly, my joints are done with such activities, so I have adapted and adjusted. 

I've been searching for a new hairdresser.  The one I've been going to was lovely, her shop was beautiful and everyone was friendly.  I have never paid that much for a haircut in my life but figured I was worth it.  Sadly, I never had a perfect haircut there and am not paying that much for something I have to go back and have a do-over for, or work on myself.  So I looked online and read reviews and called one close to us.  I was up front with the lady and told her I had almost 69-year-old silver hair with a mind of its own and I needed a good haircut.  Nothing trendy or a current fad, just a good cut.  She said she could do that.  I will let you know.  I go next Tuesday.

Also, if I start a book and don't care for it, I stop reading it.  And if there are shows on that I don't care for, I don't watch them.  And if I don't care for eating something, I don't.

So, like I said, life is good!  It is now cloudy again and getting darker.  I think the forecast was a bit off on when the rain was supposed to restart.

Stay safe and God Bless America!  Remember to smile!

No comments: