Saturday, January 6, 2018

Just Some Random Thoughts

Please keep some good thoughts going for the rogue cow in Poquoson, Virginia.  According to "The Daily Press", there is an "elusive bovine" roaming around in the woods of Poquoson.  No one knows where the heifer is from or how it came to be roaming freely.  The concern has been the recent extremely cold weather and snow.  I have been watching for updates, but so far no one has said anything.  And I am wondering if they could get this close for a picture, why didn't they try to lure the cow to where someone could grab it??  Years ago the girls and I helped Les' Mom chase down a cow through a field.  The girls still talk about it!  First and only time we had that experience.  And that is probably a good thing. 😊  (this is obviously not a current picture, there is no snow and ice)

And speaking of the newspaper.... I really appreciate the fact that we have received the paper every day in the snow and ice.  But I have some issues with the fact that the first snowy morning our paper was just dropped out in the street in front of the house.  We have had multiple issues over the years  with our delivery person.  He claims he never makes a mistake and we - meaning me since I make the calls - are the only customers who ever have any complaints.  This is not true because I have talked with neighbors who have had many issues with him.  He could have at least tossed the paper up the driveway.  BTW, I did not call this time.

I signed up for the "Next Door" program where you get local neighborhood messages. Seemed like a good idea, but I turned off the automatic updates because you all know I. CAN. NOT. STAND. WHINERS!!! I so want to write a message that says "Hey, all you little whiny snowflakes who feel so entitled, you should have read the rules before you moved here.  If you don't like the rules, get out!"  They also should be paying attention to the notices that the City, County, and the Home Owners Association send out.  If they read the paper, kept up with news and read the notices and were not so totally focused on themselves, they would know what was going on!!!  (insert a hallelujah and amen here!)  The recent whining has been because no one has come to take care of them, shovel their snow or clean their streets, or take their trash.  And a couple that are complaining because they think they should have the right to use the golf course for their personal sledding area and snow play.  That is a big "no-no". But I am a nice person and won't send such a message.  I will just think it. 😊  (and post it here; I'm sure none of them read my blog) HA!

And while I'm on a roll here, how about equality?? We saw women reporters calling men "honey" and they were making jokes.  That's not right.  If a man had said what they did he would have been fired before the show was off the air!

Chunks of snow have started sliding off the roof.  Finnigan does not like that.  He is nervous, keeps looking out the window.  He'll move under the bed soon.

Right now it is a sunny 19 degrees with a wind chill of 5.

Stay safe and God Bless America!  I feel much better now!  😊😊😊

No comments: