Saturday, January 13, 2018

Oh, My!

I have talked about the ongoing neighborhood issues with the mail carrier.  So far, 2018 is not a good year for him.

First we had the snow and ice days - which were not his fault - but still, we did not get mail.

Then on Wednesday, Les got a message from Amazon saying his package had been delivered around 10:30 a.m.   It was not.  One of us was here all day long, plus we were having a service call around that time and the guy was going in and out.  We would have seen a package.  It showed up on Thursday and had obviously been delivered to the wrong address and had been OPENED!  Les said everything was in the box and seemed okay, but still, big goof for the Post Office.

Then Friday's happenings caused one of my "see something, say something" phone calls.  (I was nice.)  Here is how things went:  Les saw the mail truck going down the other side of the street just as I was going out to roll the dumpsters back into the garage.  Got them both in.  The mail truck was sitting down in the cul-de-sac.  I swept some of the salt and grit out of the garage and off the porch.  Truck still sitting there.  I could see it looked like he was talking on his phone.  Eventually he got to our mailbox and I met him at the end of the driveway.  He handed me a large pile of mail for us plus a box.

So, I brought it all inside and started to open things.  The box is a BD gift for me.  There were a couple catalogs and ads.  And then I got to eleven pieces of mail - some looking like things that were important - that were supposed to go to five different addresses for seven different people.  Now, I admit, it is true that we could have walked around and hand delivered all this, but come on, man!  I don't get paid to do your job.  Plus, it was raining.

Fortunately, I have the phone number of the manager at our Post Office.  I explained the situation.  He sounded disturbed by what I was telling him.  Not too much later, the mail carrier came ringing our doorbell and picked it all up.

I am so glad we have direct deposit now.

Stay safe and God Bless America.  And the Post Office!  (I think they need all the help they can get)

No comments: