Monday, January 8, 2018

We Got Above Freezing!

We had a little melting today.  The neighborhood streets are still covered with some packed down snow and ice but there are starting to be small areas where we can actually see the road!  The main roads in the area are clear.  And I still feel cold.  😊

Les and I made it to the "Y" this afternoon.  I got to do my usual things, but it was crowded and Les never did get a treadmill.  He did some other things though.  The crowds will thin down in a few weeks.  There is always a rush of the resolution people at the beginning of the year.

Other than that, it's just been taking care of the usual things.  I did venture out to Kroger on my own to pick up a couple things we needed.  No problems.  I took it slow and remember, I was driving on four brand new tires.

Before the snowstorm started, I had bought a large bunch of bananas.  As we ate some, I discovered this strange little "challenged" banana in the middle of the bunch.  It was hard and very firm.


I cut into it and this is what it looked like.  I have no idea what is going on but we did not eat any of it.


Weird, huh??

Stay safe, stay warm, and God Bless America!

No comments: