Monday, January 22, 2018

Finally!

Well, there has finally been a golf day here!  It seems like it's been weeks since the guys got to play.  The weather has not cooperated.  And finally after the last round of snow and ice, things were melting.  Of course, not fast enough, and it had still been cold enough to not melt in the shady areas.  The course was still closed last Friday.  They were sure they were going to play on Saturday.  Alas!  They got to the course and it was still closed; was planning to re-open in the afternoon.  So the plan was to play on Sunday.  Poor Les started feeling bad Saturday evening and was not able to play.  Fortunately whatever hit him, was quick and he had a rapid recovery and got to play today.  Now he is exhausted.  But it's been a good day!

While he was out, I was very busy here.  It was time to scrub the bathrooms.  The smaller one is no big deal and doesn't take long.  But our large shower takes a while because I need a couple different cleaners that can not mix.  Things were complicated by the fact that a new cleaner I was trying stressed to use gloves.  The combination of gloves, cleaner, and water was slick and I lost my grip on the hand held shower head I was using to rinse things.  This led to my having to wipe off the ceiling  !!  and other areas that didn't need to be wet.  😊  But it's all done now, and everything is cleaned up.  Also cleaned the floors and started laundry.  And then I cleaned the garage floor.  It was a mess from all the gunk falling off the cars with the snow, ice, salt, mud.  The cars need to be cleaned but it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so the car wash is on the list for later in the week.

It's in the upper 60's today and very nice outside.  I noticed leaf buds on the hydrangeas while I was out filling the bird feeder.  I think it's too early for those buds, but nothing I can do about that.  Some major yard clean-up is waiting to be done, but right now the ground is soft and I am tired.  Actually, I am already showered and shampooed and done for the day.  It is a pizza night here.  😊

Stay safe and God Bless America!  Life is Good!

No comments: